The world of Fullmetal Alchemist is growing, as two new live-action movies based on the legendary series have been announced.
RELATED: Fullmetal Alchemist Mobile Trailer Shows High-Quality CG Battle Scenes
Fullmetal Alchemist: Final Chapter – The Avenger’s Scar will open on May 20, 2022 and feature a storyline that sees protagonist Edward Elric take on Scar. The second movie, Fullmetal Alchemist: Final Chapter – The Final Transmutationwill open on June 24, 2022 and will describe the final battle of the Fullmetal Alchemist series.
Check out a trailer featuring footage from both Fullmetal Alchemist action movies below:
Both films will see the return of the cast of the very first action film based on the series, including Ryōsuke Yamada as Edward Elric, Atomu Mizuishi as Alphonse Elric (voice and motion capture), Tsubasa Honda as Roy Mustang, Misako Renbutsu as Riza Hawkeye, Kanata Hongou as Envy, Ryuta Sato as Maes Hughes, and Shinji Uchiyama as Gluttony. New cast members for the film include:
- Mackenyu Arata as Scar
- Yuina Kuroshima as Lan’s fan
- Keisuke Watanabe as Ling Yao
- Yuki Yamada as Solf J. Kimblee
- Hiroshi Tachi as King Bradley
- Koji Yamamoto as Alex Louis Armstrong
- Chiaki Kuriyama as Olivier Mira Armstrong
- Seiyo Uchino as Van Hohenheim
- Yukie Nakama as Trisha Elric
- Jun Fubuki as Pinako Rockbell
- Naohito Fujiki as Yuriy Rockbell
- Kaoru Okunuki as Sarah Rockbell
- Kokoro Terada as Selim Bradley
- Long Meng Rou as May Chang
- Haruhi Ryōga as Izumi Curtis
MORE: Funimation Library Joins Crunchyroll After Merger
The films come amid a celebration of the original’s 20th anniversary Fullmetal Alchemist manga, which took place last year on July 12. The first live-action movie based on the hit manga series opened in October 2017 and told the manga’s full story.